Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Social Suicide: American Edition

As I indulge myself in the blissful demeanor of today's television entertainment I always find it hard to hold my tongue in the viewing prescience of culture humorist like Daniel Tosh, of Tosh.O, or of any one of these American Reality shows that currently flock the networks. At first it seemed too easy to criticize or nitpick at the television shows that infest the masses of today and at the same time, as cliche as it may be, it seemed inevitable to not mention shows such as Here Comes Honey Boo Boo or housewives of whatever in this mixing pot of schmuck. I see America, and I see our nation being depicted into what is seen on television today. As we watch America crumble through a distant third-introspective viewing tube we've become ignorant to what's happening today in our society. Through time our cultural aspects change and this includes what we allow to be publicly seen and addressed through social media and forms of networking. We have so many outlets today to escape the complications of life and it's become apparent that we enjoy venting our emotions through social media or giving our own selves gratitude through seeing others behave as idiots on national television. As an avid follower of formal literature I commit to taking this garbage off national television and in due time I believe that this will be the case. In the meantime I suggest that we all hide under a rock until the inevitable occurrence that James Cameron does in fact come back to raise the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment