Sunday, October 20, 2013

Curriculum to Blame for or OBAMA?!

 While I've been trying to confine myself to regular posting times that's fallen flat due to my busy weekend. Regardless of that I suppose I'll end the night off and just put something else out on my blog before going to sleep to work on something more credible for next post while getting ready to venture into another week.. Now as I've been entering the world of blogging and going to explore others blogs myself I have to say one thing. Reading The Great Gatsby doesn't make you anymore educated than the personals that you attend your high school days out with.. "Now Zorak, oh so prestigious ruler and conqueror, you can't say that!" Bloody hell I'm not discrediting the actual work nor am I saying that I could write anything better, because I can't. The only thing I have to say in this "rant" is that if your most credible read comes from a high school summer reading program or was enforced to be read through the school's curriculum. Shut your damn mouth with your oh so "deep" and "mature" thought processes scribbled onto a piece of paper. Once again, this is not to target anyone or to discredit any personal or publicized work of litterateurs. If you ever have any kind of SHORT story, poem, or haiku I'm more than interested in reading it and you can hit me up on my email. All I'm getting at is this, reading Lord of the Flies, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, Uncle Tom's Cabin, The Giver, Scarlet Letter, To Kill A Mockingbird, Fahrenheit 451, etc... Doesn't make you any greater of a writer or deep thinker. These are the stepping stones into more complicated reads that are introduced to high schools for the sole purpose of their themes being so easy to discuss and agree on upon a classroom of 30 or so kids. I know I missed some of those common high school reads but yeah, tell me what you're reading or what your favorite book was or even to just let me know what your standing is on these kinds of books. Either type that up in the comment section or email me through ZorakBlogger@aol.com.
                                                                                         
                                                                                                    ~Zorak

No comments:

Post a Comment